Saturday, July 28, 2012

Link of the Week: Writing Digest Creative Writing Prompts

Every Saturday I highlight a link that I think is worth checking out for writers, particularly those who are working on developing a daily writing routine. Writers' Digest is a well-known publication and on their website they have a list of creative writing prompts. They tend to be very specific scenarios rather than the more general prompts which I run here a couple of times a week, so if you're looking for something that gives you an explicit starting spot, I think their archives of prompts might be very useful. And when I say "archives", I mean it -- it looks to me like there are well over 100 such prompts there.

One thing I would note -- the site suggests replying directly to the prompt on their site with up to 500 words. Personally, I would not do that for a variety of reasons. But there's no reason not to check out their prompts and see if something sparks your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment