Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Three Books on Writing I Want To Read

In addition to the time I spent writing and the time I spend reading fiction, I also enjoy reading about the process of writing. Lately, a lot of that has taken the form of reading blog posts, etc. but there are three books I'm looking forward to reading on this topic.
  1. Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury - In honor of Bradbury's birthday today, this title gets top spot. I have a copy sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read. Now it's just a matter of making the time for it!
  2. Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott - This book was recommended to me by a fellow writer. I had put it on hold at the library but then didn't get around to picking it up before the hold expired. So I won't be reading this one right away, but it is still on my mental "to read" list.
  3. On Writing by Stephen King - This one is a bit of a cheat, I guess, since I read it shortly after it came out. But I remember greatly enjoying it and I haven't read it since shortly after it came out. I think it's just about time to give this one another go.
What about you? Do you have writing-related books on your "to read" list?

No comments:

Post a Comment