Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Still Writing (Almost) Every Day

Yes, I'm still writing (mostly) every day. But, for the moment at least, this is the final blog post for the Write Every Day blog.

This blog, an adjunct to my main blog, was launched earlier this year to be a supplement to my book "Write Every Day: Hints and Tips Towards a Daily Writing Routine." I've enjoyed talking to the people who have read that book. Hearing that what I've presented has helped inspire other people to have a regular writing routine is very gratifying.

My original idea of producing new content on this blog every day was ultimately too ambitious; even with some rather simple things like writing prompts two days per week I found myself struggling to keep up. Cutting back to one post per week helped on that front, but as I've mentioned in posts on my main blog, I'm looking to decrease the amount of time I spent on blogging in general in 2013. Part of that decrease involves no longer producing new content for the Write Every Day blog.

The existing posts will remain here and I may decide to add something new to this site from time to time. And while I haven't released official plans for a new schedule for my main blog, I can tell you that I absolutely will be continuing to blog there regularly. If you're not already following me there, I would invite you to do so. I'll continue to talk there about topics relating to writing, including the psychology of writing, and about my own goals and news about fiction I have published.

I'd like to thank everyone who has purchased Write Every Day. If you've come to this site after purchasing this book and would like to reach out to me, please feel free to leave a comment here or contact me using my contact form.

Best of luck to you all in your writing endeavors!

-Michael Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment